Kestrel Talon 105 LE Road Bike - 2018
The Talon is the perfect choice for triathletes looking to train on a road bike for their first triathlon or duathlon, or simply for riders seeking road bike handling with tri bike speed. The Kestrel Talon Shimano 105 features a full carbon frame and fork, Shimano 105 11-speed components, and Oval Concepts 327 wheels.
Launched in 2007, the Talon was one of the first-ever aero road bikes on the market and has been immensely popular ever since for its versatility. Ahead of its time in adjustability, the Talon allows rider to choose either a road or triathlon-style position. The Talon is constructed of Kestrel's Enhanced Modulus Hybrid (EMH) carbon; a combination of 800K and 700K carbon fibers. It's lightweight and stiff, yet also designed to offer a bit more compliance. Designed in the A2 Wind Tunnel, the stays, seat post, and seat tube are aerodynamically contoured; plus, fully internal cable routing ensures clean airflow over the entire bike.
Efficiency is paramount to the Talon 105. The Shimano 105 components offer comfortable ergonomics and dependable shifts. Tektro dual pivot brakes apply plenty of stopping power to the low-spoke count Oval Concepts 327 wheels with Vittoria Zaffiro Pro tires.
- Kestrel EMH carbon frame and tapered fork
- Shimano 105 11-speed components
- Kestrel EMS Pro Aero Seatpost allows for the saddle to be mounted in a wide range of positions
- Each of the frame sizes has unique tube lengths, diameters, shapes, and carbon layups to produce the Best possible ride quality for every size rider
- Comfortable Kestrel padded handlebar tape