Fuji Transonic 2.5 Road Bike - 2018
Save $800.02 (40%) $1,199.97 MSRP $1,999.99
When it comes to a superior road bike, we all have wants and needs. Quite often, we temper our wants with reality and settle. After one look at the Fuji Transonic 2.5, you'll realize it does not settle, and does not seem to be a part of this reality. Study after study has shown that aerodynamics are the single most important factor when it comes to unleashing a rider's full potential. Those gains can come from a lot of places, like body position, deep section wheels, and helmets, but the frame is one of the most important places, which is why Fuji introduced the Transonic, which incorporates all the latest aerodynamic advances of the last few years into a single, race proven platform.
The Transonic 2.5 is the culmination of years of aero engineering in the A2 Wind Tunnel. It is the epitome of all knowledge gained and lessons learned channeled into an aero road bike that is a no-compromise machine built for the pursuit of speed with control and achieved through optimum stiffness and stable steering geometry. The Transonic slips through the wind while putting every watt of power you generate to the ground to get you to the line first.
The Transonic 2.5 features a C5 carbon frame and integrated head tube with an FC-440 carbon fork and tapered carbon steerer. Shimano 105 11-speed derailleurs, shifters and 11-speed 11-28T cassette are the perfect match for the ultimate in performance and reliability on the road. Oval Concepts components also make the scene with an awesome hollow forged, lightweight 52/36T crank, 3D forged stem, aero carbon seatpost and 700c 327 lightweight wheels.
- C5 carbon frame designed using Computational Fluid Dynamics in conjunction with wind-tunnel testing to create a class-leading aerodynamic frame
- Headtube angle and fork offset were carefully chosen to be within the optimal range of trail adjusted throughout the size range to ensure stable steering and confidence-inspiring handling
- Asymmetrical, oversized Energy Transfer Chainstays (ETC) offset drivetrain-induced torque by maintaining lateral stiffness and displacing power more evenly through the frame
- Shimano 105 2x11-speed drivetrain for smooth, precision gear changes
- Oval Concepts 327 wheelset with 20-spoke front wheel, 24-spoke rear wheel
- Oval Concepts alloy handlebar, stem, and seatpost are lightweight, reliable performers
- Direct-mount front and rear brakes remove the excess material of a carrier plate, allowing for better frame integration, improved aerodynamics and increased brake stiffness and control
- Internal cable routing for mechanical and Di2 electronic systems
- Integrated chain watcher ensures smooth shifts without the risk of dropping the chain to the inside of the crank