Schwinn Rocket 4 27 Mountain bike - 2016
Save $100.02 (17%) $499.97 MSRP $599.99
It all begins with the frame. The Schwinn Nlitened 2 double-butted aluminum 27.5-inch frame is tough yet lightweight, and it's created using a geometry that puts you in an upright riding position that helps keep you alert and focused on the terrain ahead. The Rocket 4 can handle a variety of descents thanks to the SR Suntour XCT HLO 27.5 front suspension. It has 100 mm of travel and a remote hydraulic lockout, which means the fork's performance inspires confidence on trails and, when locked out, creates efficiency on pavement. All controls are mounted on a Schwinn S1 MTB alloy handlebar that helps keep the front end light and maneuverable, and the Schwinn MTB Trail grips absorb bumps in the road so the rest of your body doesn't.
The Shimano drivetrain, with an SR Suntour alloy triple chainring up front, puts 24 gearing options at your command for climbing, accelerating, and reaching top speeds. The Shimano Acera Rapid Fire SL-M310 shifters, Shimano Altus front derailleur, and Shimano Acera 11-34T, 8-speed rear derailleur deliver crisp, consistent shifting. And of course stopping power is always important, so the Rocket 4 has Promax hydraulic discs with 160 mm rotors that will get the job done in all kinds of conditions.
And don't forget the wheels. The Rocket 4 comes with a tough yet lightweight 27.5-inch wheelset that can handle the kinds of obstacles you'll find on trails and in the mountains. Robust Alex TD-26 double-wall alloy rims are specifically built up for the hydraulic disc brake system, while the Kenda Slant 6 27.5 × 2.1" tires with folding bead can handle dirt, gravel, or pavement. If you're ready for more mountain biking fun, or are looking to step up your game, the Rocket 4 27.5-inch mountain bike is your ride.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- Combines the agility found in a 26-inch mountain bike with the durability of a 29-inch bike and is perfect for beginners or intermediate MTB riders
- Schwinn Nlitened 2 double-butted aluminum 27.5-inch frame is strong, light, and designed with an upright geometry that keeps you alert and aggressive in the saddle
- SR Suntour XCT HLO fork with 100 mm of suspension travel for control on trails and hydraulic lockout for efficiency on pavement
- Schwinn S1 MTB Alloy handlebar keeps the front end light and maneuverable, and the Schwinn MTB Trail grips will absorb the bumps in the road so your hands, arms, and back don't have to
- Shimano Acera/Altus 24-speed drivetrain with Acera shifters for quick, clean shifts
- Promax hydraulic disc with160 mm rotors provide intuitive stopping