Kestrel Talon X 105 Triathlon Road Bike - 2018
The Talon X is the perfect choice for triathletes looking to train on a road bike for their first triathlon or duathlon, or simply for riders seeking road bike handling with tri bike speed.
Launched in 2007, the Talon was one of the first-ever aero road bikes on the market and has been immensely popular ever since for its versatility. Ahead of its time in adjustability, the Talon allows rider to choose either a road or triathlon-style position. The Talon X is constructed of Kestrel's KSL (Kestrel Super Light) 800k high-modulus carbon fiber. It's lightweight and stiff, yet also designed to offer a bit more compliance. Designed in the A2 Wind Tunnel, the stays, seat post, and seat tube are aerodynamically contoured; plus, fully internal cable routing ensures clean airflow over the entire bike.
Efficiency and aerodynamics are paramount to the Talon X and in addition to the frameset, Shimano's 105 components are the tried and true workhorse of the Shimano line, for quick, quiet and reliable shifting and control. Finally, stay aero with Oval Concepts 750 Clip-On Ergo Extension handlebars with Microshift bar-end 11-speed shifters at the helm. Whether you're climbing up hill or giving it your all on a straight away, the Kestrel Talon is built for speed and designed to win.
- Kestrel KSL 800K high-modulus carbon fiber frame and KSL carbon fork
- Shimano 105 11-speed components
- Oval Concepts 750 Clip-On Ergo Extension handlebars with Microshift bar-end 11-speed shifters
- Allows rider to choose either a road or triathlon-style position
- Kestrel EMS Pro Aero Seatpost allows for the saddle to be mounted in a wide range of positions
- Each of the frame sizes has unique tube lengths, diameters, shapes, and carbon layups to produce the Best possible ride quality for every size rider