Fuji SL 2.3 Disc Road Bike - 2018
Save $300.02 (12%) $2,199.97 MSRP $2,499.99
The SL was born out of the quest to create one of the lightest bikes in the world. When every gram matters, ingenuity follows. Through High Compaction molding and the reduction of bonded joints the SL delivers a super-light frame without compromising on frame stiffness. The SL disc ups the ante with the addition of flat mount disc brakes and 12mm thru-axles front and rear. All of these features add up to a machine that is truly Worth the Weight.
The SL 2.3 Features a C10 ultra high-modulus carbon frame and integrated head tube with an FC-440 carbon monocoque fork, tapered carbon steerer and 12mm thru-axle dropout with a flat-mount disc system. Shimano 105 drivetrain and components are featured with an Oval Concepts 500 52/36T crankset for quiet, smooth and reliable shifting. The 2.3 also features Shimano hydraulic disc brakes for incredible stopping power and no-fuss maintenance. And with an Oval Concept cockpit and wheelset, the SL 2.3 is race ready, with amazing features that make this one of the most popular race bikes on the road.
- Constructed using High Compaction (HC) molding; a series of internal molds that eliminate wrinkles and excess resin buildup in high-stress, complex-radius-bend areas for greater compaction in the carbon layers, creating a lighter and stiffer frame.
- Fork uses HC molding and RIB technology, a reinforcing rib that runs the length of the fork blades, amplifying stiffness for razor-sharp steering precision.
- Headtube angle and fork offset were carefully chosen to be within the optimal range of trail adjusted throughout the size range to ensure stable steering and confidence-inspiring handling.
- Unique tube diameters and carbon layups for each size frame produces a consistent ride quality across the full size range.
- Frame features only four bonded joints where most frames use eight or more; the more bonding points you can eliminate the stronger and lighter the frame becomes.
- Oval-shaped, super-thin seatstays reduce weight and increase ride comfort.
- Injection-molded cable stops and internal cable routing allow for the use of mechanical or electronic drivetrains while keeping cables neatly routed and out of the elements.
- Integrated chain watcher ensures smooth shifts without the risk of dropping the chain to the inside of the crank.
- Chainstay protector ensures the frame won't be damaged in the event of chain suck.