Fuji Jari 1.3 Gravel Bike - 2018
From the Flint Hills of Kansas to the Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina, gravel grinding is exploding, and bicycle manufacturers are taking note. Fuji's Jari 1.3 offers yet another option, suitable for aspiring grinder and Dirty Kanza veteran alike. With a snappy Shimano 105 11-speed drivetrain, powerful and hassle-free disc brakes, and a wide range of gears, the Fuji Jari 1.3is ready to go wherever, whenever.
At the heart of the Jari is Fuji's custom-butted alloy frame. The light, stiff frame boasts semi-internal cable routing, helping minimize the impact of road dust and grime. The FC-440 Cross carbon monocoque fork, with a 12mm thru-axle, helps smooth out road buzz and keeps the bike on the straight and narrow while negotiating challenging gravel roads. Additionally, the carbon fork also features rack and water bottle mounts to facilitate extended gravel road adventures.
The Shimano 105 11-speed drivetrain boasts exceptional range, with an FSA Omega Adventure 46/30T crankset paired with an 11-34T cassette in the back. Off-road adventurers benefit from the ability to spin up loose gravel climbs, and the double rings surpass 1x setups when the road turns downhill. TRP's HY/RD disc brakes provide superb modulation and stopping power, inspiring confidence on long, loose descents.
In rugged terrain, the action happens where the rubber meets the road. In this case, that rubber is the 700x35 version of the Clement X'Plor USH. The USH adventure tire is built for mixed use riding, with a firm center that minimizes rolling resistance and diamond-shaped side knobs that provide cornering traction in looser conditions. Stan's NoTubes Grail S1 wheels are the epitome of strength and use 12mm thru-axles front and rear to provide plentiful stiffness.
- Fuji A6-SL custom-butted alloy frame for light weight, strength, and reliability
- FC-440 Cross full carbon monocoque fork with a tapered steerer tube plus rack/water bottle mounts
- Shimano 105 2x11-speed drivetrain for smooth, precise gear changes
- FSA Omega Adventure crankset with 46/30T chainrings plus Shimano 105 11-34T cassette deliver a wide range of gear options
- TRP HY/RD disc brakes ensure all-condition stopping power
- Stan's NoTubes Grail S1 wheelset with front/rear 12mm thru-axle hubs
- Clement X'Plor USH 700x35 tires ready for gravel and dirt road adventures
- Rack and fender mounts enhance versatility