Fuji Norcom Straight 2.3 Triathlon Road Bike - 2017
When time is your enemy, you need a bike on your side that can squeeze every ounce of efficiency out of your ride. The 2017 Fuji Norcom Straight 2.3 time trial/triathlon bike is a time machine built to shave tenths of seconds, if not minutes, off of every ride. As is common practice at Fuji, designers left no avenue of development unexplored, and worked hand in hand with Olympic triathlete Matty Reed and pro triathlon champions Sarah Haskins and Cameron Dye to address issues from a pro rider's perspective, and then translate these inputs into arguably one of the fastest bikes on Earth.
The Norcom Straight's C5 carbon frame and FC-330 carbon fork technology represent an amazing jump in stiffness, steering response, and of course, aerodynamics. Norcom was engineered largely in the legendary A2 Wind Tunnel facility in North Carolina, where designers were able to significantly reduce the drag on every yaw angle on the frame and fork, and incorporate the most developed shaping techniques in the industry. The result is an ultra-light, ultra-stiff high modulus carbon frame with vertical dropouts. Norcom Straight's designers placed the rear brake cavity directly behind the bottom bracket (as opposed to being on the seat tube in previous bikes), and opted to go with a BB86 bottom bracket which moves the bearings outward on the crank axle, dramatically improving the stiffness of both the frame -- through a greater cross-sectional width at the BB shell -- and the crank itself. The result was a surprising 26% increase in stiffness in the BB area, which to a triathlon or time trial rider equals faster times.
The Norcom 2.3 features a Shimano 105 11-speed drivetrain and an Oval Concepts mid-compact 52/36 crankset. You'll achieve the perfect cadence and power no matter the grade or heart rate. Oval Concepts 327 wheels and Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick tires deliver dependable performance and aerodynamics. TRP aero TTV brakes deliver modulation response directly from your fingertips to the wheels to eliminate over-braking while also providing full stopping power.
- High modulus C5 carbon fiber frame with integrated head tube, and seat clamp; stiff, responsive, light, and aero
- Straight head tube creates seamless interface with fork increasing aerodynamics, stiffness, and steering response
- FC-330 full carbon fork with carbon steerer delivers crisp, instantaneous steering response
- Shimano 105 11-speed drivetrain
- Oval Concepts 327 wheels deliver excellent power transfer
- Adjustable carbon seat post, bars, and seat create rider-focused fit for optimized comfort and power delivery on sprints or long rides