Marin Gestalt 2 Gravel Bike -- 2018
Gestalt is a German word used to describe a unified whole; an appropriate name for Marin's all-purpose, drop bar road bike. The summation of well-thought-out parts and frame design are unified to allow the rider to seamlessly transition from pavement, to dirt, to gravel, over long distances with total comfort and control at the helm. Marin's lightweight, Series 3 aluminum frame is butted for strength, with internal cable routing for smooth aesthetics and frame geometry that brings both endurance road handling and stability to a Zen like state, giving you the ability to cross a mixture of terrain with the greatest of ease.
The Marin Gestalt 2 component selection is smart and efficient, keeping a respectable price point without sacrificing performance. Shimano Tiagra 10-speed components with an FSA Gossamer 50/34T crankset and Tiagra 11-34T cassette offer Shimano's smooth shifting, with twenty gears to get you up and back down again. Tektro Spyre-C mechanical disc brakes are known for their simple, yet durable and reliable design, with excellent stopping efficiency, even in the most inclement weather. The Gestalt 1 rolls on Marin's aluminum double wall, tubeless compatible rims and Schwalbe G-One tires with a Kevlar puncture protection belt for the ultimate in off-road durability.
If you're looking for an all-purpose drop bar bike that's designed to go the distance and match your ambition, you want the Marin Gestalt.
- Beyond Road geometry offers a blend of endurance road handling with enhanced stability for off pavement use.
- Butted & formed Series 3 6061 aluminum frame with internal routing, disc brakes, and rack and fender eyelets.
- Carbon Fork with Alloy Steerer
- Disc brakes provide smooth, controlled stopping in all conditions with minimal maintenance.
- The Gestalt frame and fork has clearance for up to 700x35 tires.