Fuji Gran Fondo 2.2 Disc LE Road Bike - 2016 Performance Exclusive
Using a longer head tube than a traditional race bike, about 10mm on a 55cm frame, the Gran Fondo creates a slightly more upright rider position in order to stave off upper body fatigue on longer rides. VRTec inserts a natural vibration dampening material into the carbon layup in key areas to improve rider comfort without impacting performance. Fuji studied how road feedback impacts rider fatigue, and realized that the fork, chainstrays and seatstays were the main transmitters of road chatter to the rider's body. To combat this, Fuji incorporated VRTec into the carbon layup in these key areas to maximize comfort, which in turn maximizes performance. Precision and ergonomics are pivotal to any great road bike. That's why Shimano's Ultegra 11-speed components were the natural choice. The new Gran Fondo Disc frames also feature Fuji's revolutionary VRTec frame design. While Shimano Ultegra has been around for years and years, the newest iteration has us dropping our collective jaws. Gorgeous cosmetic finishes, incredible precision and perfect functionality; it's all here. And, with a compact Shimano crankset matched to a 105 11/28 11-speed cassette, the 2.2 Disc LE can handle just about any ascent or descent on said epic ride. Add in the durable finish and performance of an Oval Concepts handlebar, stem, seat post and saddle, and you have a Gran Fondo capable of leading the way to any weekend adventure.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- Full carbon Fuji c5 carbon frame with a press fit BB86 bottom bracket and full carbon fork delivers maximum performance and supremecomfort
- Shimano Ultegra 11-speed drivetrain, Shimano compact cranks, and hydraulic disc brakes highlight this capable rig
- Vera Corsa alloy clinchers with Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick tires
- Comfortable Fuji suede bar tape