Fuji Gran Fondo Classico 1.3 Road Bike - 2018
The Fuji Gran Fondo has made its name for the very ride that it was designed to tackle: the Gran Fondo. Gran Fondos are often long, arduous rides where rider camaraderie and comfort are pivotal to enjoyment. While disc brakes supply incredible power on these rides, they also add a little bit of weight. Fuji created the Gran Fondo Classico 1.3 to stay true to road cycling's rim brake heritage while helping keep the weight down in the process.
Using a longer head tube than a traditional race bike, about 10mm on a 55cm frame, the Gran Fondo Classico 1.3 creates a slightly more upright rider position in order to stave off upper body fatigue on longer rides. The Gran Fondo Classico 1.3 frame is made from a high modulus carbon blend. High modulus is an engineering term which defines stiffness in fibers. Therefore, a high modulus frame has a stiffer blend of fibers which results in less flex and better transmission of power spent. Carbon fiber, used for much of its modern life in the aerospace industry, is a valuable high performance product for its lightweight, high temperature tolerance and low thermal expansion properties. The carbon frame is further refined with a Press Fit BB86 bottom bracket and tapered head tube.
The Grand Fondo Classico 1.1 features durable and dependable Shimano 105 11-speed components. And, with a compact Oval crankset (50/34T chainrings) matched to a Shimano 105 11-32T 11-speed cassette, the 1.3 can handle virtually any ascent or descent on your epic outings. However, we all know that a wheelset can make or break any ride, no matter its length. The Vera Corsa DPM 27 wheels are dependable and outfitted with Vittoria Zaffiro 700x25 tires. Add in Oval Concepts handlebar, stem, seatpost and saddle, and you have a Gran Fondo capable of leading the way during any weekend adventure.
- High-modulus C5 carbon frame with endurance geometry
- FC-440 carbon monocoque fork with tapered carbon steerer
- Shimano 105 11-speed components (shift/brake levers, derailleurs, cassette) ensure smooth, precision gear changes
- Oval concepts alloy, compact crankset with 50/34T chainrings plus 11-32T Shimano 105 cassette ensures you have the gears to handle a wide variety of terrain
- Press Fit BB86 bottom bracket shell enhances frame stiffness
- Alloy clincher wheels with 700x25 Vittoria Zaffiro tires for dependability and smooth-rolling performance