Kestrel 5000 SL Ultegra Di2 Triathlon Road Bike - 2017
$3,999.97 MSRP $4,400.00
Kestrel introduced the first ever all-carbon race bike in 1987. Since then, the engineers at Kestrel have managed to maintain industry standards with constant innovation to create some of the world's fastest race bikes. Introducing the Kestrel 5000, a purposefully-designed superbike that is Kestrel's fastest to date.
Constructed of an all new 800K high modulus carbon fiber, the lightest and strongest frame possible, the 5000 is designed for competitive triathletes looking for a proven tri-specific weapon with superior aerodynamics that offer optimum comfort and adjustability.
The 5000's geometry is ideal for the demands of long-distance triathlons, with a slightly shorter top tube for a more upright riding position to keep the legs fresh and strong for the run. For Kestrels Ultegra Di2 version, the Shimano Ultegra Di2 features an automatic trimming front derailleur, so you never have to hear the sound of chain rub again. The shifters act with digital push button shifting and are ergonomically shaped for optimal comfort and control. The lever reach adjust fits all hand sizes. The Di2 rear derailleur is pre-programmed allowing you to shift gears quickly and accurately in all conditions. The battery, at the heart of the drivetrain, uses lithium ion technology and guarantees a range of 1,250 miles, which only takes just 90 minutes to recharge.
- 800K high modulus carbon fiber, Kestrel's lightest carbon construction used to date
- Traditional Oval Concepts handlebar and stem interface allow for easy adjustment and customization
- The stays, seat post, and seat tube are aerodynamically contoured
- Fully internal cable routing ensures clean airflow over the entire bike
- TRP Aero bakes provide reliable stopping power and excellent aerodynamics
- EMS Pro Aero Seatpost allows for the saddle to be mounted in a wide range of positions
- PF30 bottom bracket offers a stiff pedaling platform