Mavic Ksyrium Elite Disc Wheelset
Mavic's Ksyrium Elite wheelsets have long been at the top of everyone's list of great training hoops. Now, with disc compatibility and UST Road Tubeless capability, they are open to a new generation of road bikes. The rims have been re-engineered for a wider, 19-millimeter internal width yet are only 23 millimeters wide thanks to Mavic's process for reducing wall thickness. The spoke count has been increased to 24 for strength and they're still bladed for aerodynamics. The set comes with Mavic's new Yksion Pro UST 700x25 tubeless tires that are easier to mount, take off and maintain, but the wheels can handle wider 32 millimeter rubber. The hubs are drilled for 12 millimeter thru-axles; the front can be converted to quick release or 15 millimeters and the rear can be converted to quick release, both with optional adapters. Standard freewheel compatibility is Shimano or SRAM but can be converted to Campagnolo or SRAM XD.
- 22mm rim profile
- 23mm external/19mm internal rim width for up to 32mm tires
- 24 elliptical spokes for aerodynamics
- 12mm thru-axle hubs; both are convertible to quick release with optional adapters and front to 15mm thru-axles
- Centerlock brake compatible; XD Road with optional driver body
- 1,670 grams without tires