Fuji Gran Fondo 2.1 Disc Road Bike - 2016
The Gran Fondo frame is made from Fuji's proprietary C5 high modulus carbon blend. The new Gran Fondo Disc frames also feature Fuji's revolutionary VRTec frame design. In a nutshell, VRTec inserts a natural vibration dampening material into the carbon layup in key areas to improve rider comfort without impacting performance. The C5 frame is further refined with a Praxis conversion bottom bracket, which results in a large platform for power transfer and gives a stiffer, less flexy ride. You'll appreciate that as you pile on the miles.
What really makes this bike stand out is the Shimano Ultegra 6800 11-speed drive train. The all-new 11-speed Ultegra front derailleur features a long lever arm and a rear derailleur that has been reengineered for cleaner shifting. Best of all, the Gran Fondo 2.1 Disc features Shimano R-805 Hydraulic disc brakes.
Oval Concepts 327 alloy clincher wheels give you a speed advantage without making you vulnerable to cross winds or sacrificing comfort. They' re outfitted with Vittoria Zaffiro Pro tires in a wider 25c profile.
- C5 high-modulus carbon frame, Praxis bottom bracket and tapered head tube provide exceptional stiffness and acceleration
- Lightweight FC-440 carbon monocoque fork absorbs road chatter while slicing the wind
- Shimano Ultegra components offer 22 speeds and comfortable compact gearing
- Light and durable Oval Concepts components
- Oval 327 aero alloy clincher wheels with responsive, low spoke counts and Vittoria tires roll fast mile after mile.