PowerTap PowerCal Bluetooth Smart Heart Rate Monitor
Through the analysis of tens of thousands of power files over the years, the experts at PowerTap and the University of Colorado Boulder have identified patterns, which can correlate an athlete's heart rate to power across all real world conditions. We've utilized this knowledge to create a technology that provides power based on this correlation, in the real world and in real time.
No, it's not as precise as our PowerTap. Yes, it's a great tool, is incredibly easy to use, and is Bluetooth Smart compatible and will provide all the workout data you need via the PowerTap mobile app. Simply pair it to your display, and off you go!
We're all familiar with the key difference between a power meter and a heart rate monitor: that heart rate is a response to the work you're doing, whereas power is the actual work. The algorithms in PowerCal translate heart rate data into the vernacular of power-based training - watts, kilojoules, peak power, etc.
It could be one of the best investments you make in your training. So if you're ready to take your performance to the next level, let PowerCal help get you there.
- Signal Transmission: Bluetooth Smart (Cycling Power Service, Heart Rate Service, Device Info Service)
- Operational Temperature: 0-40C/32-103F
- Battery Type: CR2032
- Battery Life: 400 Operational Hours
- The PowerCal is not a waterproof device and should not be submerged in water
- PowerCal BLE is compatible exclusively with the PowerTap mobile application on iPhone 4S or higher