Profile Designs 78/TwentyFour Full Carbon Clincher Rear Wheel
But Profile went farther, using its proprietary high Tg (glass transition) point resin to create a rim that can withstand more heat and therefore deliver better braking performance, performance not seen on other carbon rims. And Profile's brake pad compound is exclusive to the TwentyFour Series, as well. Using a specially formulated rubber compound, durometer and friction agent, Profile created a proprietary brake pad that delivers reduced braking distances compared to other carbon fiber wheelsets.
All TwentyFour Series hubs are forged from 6061-T6 Aluminum, then precision machined with a tolerance of 100th of a millimeter, which increases durability, strength and stiffness. The freehub body is machined from 7001-T6 Aluminum, then shot-peened and hard-anodized for an 18% increase in material strength compared to standard aluminum freehubs. This stronger material prevents the cassette from digging into the freehub body, giving you better shift performance and better power transfer.
Looking for a better rear wheel for Time Trialing and Triathlon? Look no further than the 58/TwentyFour.
- CFD and wind tunnel developed proprietary carbon fiber rim
- Proprietary precision machined alloy hubs
- Sapim CX Ray spokes with Sapim Polyax double square nipples
- Sealed cartridge bearings
- Hand-built assembly
- 11/10S Shimano/SRAM compatible. Campagnolo aftermarket freehub available.
- Includes: carbon-specific brake pads, quick release, valve extenders, bladed spoke tool, spokes and nipples (4 rear), rim strip, tire levers.
- Size: 700c x 24h rear, radial laced non-drive/2x drive rear
- Brake track: 24.5mm wide