SIDI Kaos Air Carbon Road Shoes
These shoes features perforations in the upper material to improve air flow. This material is called politex, and it's constructed of several overlapping layers. The Kaso Air's Millennium 4 carbon sole has injected carbon fiber in a nylon matrix to provide more rigidity than a regular nylon sole, but at the same time is a bit more comfortable than a full race carbon sole.
Kaos Air also has Sidi's Tecno 3 precision ratchet closures so you can independently micro-adjust the fit across the forefoot and toe area. The soft instep closure system is a wide, anatomically curved strap combined with a soft, thermo-formed EVA pad that distributes pressure evenly over the instep area. Important details include the reinforced heel that keeps the foot in an optimal position and avoids the shoe from being deformed by hard efforts or prolonged pressure. And for walkability, the shoes include replaceable polyurethane heel pads.
- Millennium 4 carbon composite sole features injected carbon fiber in a matrix of nylon, providing more rigidity than a standard nylon sole.
- Standard 3-hole drilling pattern for compatibility with the best pedal systems available.
- Printed 10 mm lateral and fore/aft cleat alignment scale on the sole as well as the Look Memory Eyelet for easy cleat alignment and replacement.
- Politex upper is constructed of several overlapping layers for resistance to ripping, laceration, stretching and fading.
- Techno-3 system dials in fit along the entire length of the shoe, adapting the upper to the shape of the foot for a customized fit.
- Sidi wire material is completely non-binding for intuitive on-the-fly adjustments.
- Soft instep closure system distributes pressure evenly over the instep area and adjustable from both sides to center the EVA pad over a high or low instep, eliminating the need for the high instep extender.
- Reinforced heel keeps the foot in an optimal position and prevents the shoe from being deformed by hard efforts or prolonged pressure.
- For walkability, Sidi cycling shoes include a replaceable polyurethane heel pad.