Smith Overtake MIPS Helmet
The revolutionary Smith Overtake MIPS redefines excellence in the rarified realm of pro-quality road helmets. By providing maximum ventilation, superior aerodynamics, and superb protection, the Overtake is the ultimate racing helmet and a must have for any cyclist in any event.
Smith's objective and design philosophy behind Aerocore construction is to increase airflow, improve temperature regulation resulting in fog-free vision, plus improve impact resistance. The objective was achieved through the combination of materials such as EPS and Koroyd, a revolutionary new impact-absorbing material that also enhances airflow. Furthermore, this version of the Overtake features MIPS technology. A helmet integrating MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System) technology into its design creates a sliding layer between the outer shell and the head that allows the helmet's outer shell to slide relative to the head so rotational forces are decreased. Additionally, the Overtake's featherweight webbing and the VaporFit retention system ensure a precision fit while 21 vents provide optimal airflow.
- AEROCORE in-mold construction is lightweight and strong
- Multi-Directional Impact Protection System (MIPS) reduces the rotational forces caused by angled impacts
- Ventilated protection featuring patented Koroyd material
- Integrated skeletal structure and carbon fiber reinforcements
- VaporFit retention system provides back ratchet dial for a simple, precision fit
- 21 vents balance aerodynamic performance Without compromising ventilation
- Low-profile X-Static liner is soft, moisture-wicking, and anti-microbial
- Ultra-light single layer webbing
- Integrated eyewear dock makes it easy to stow sunglasses on long climbs or post-ride chats