GIRO Switchblade MIPS -- 2018
The Switchblade by GIRO became the first mainstream mountain bike helmet with a removable chin bar in 1998. Since then, it has undergone a list of upgrades and options. However, this year the Switchblade is not just a helmet, it is a Multi-directional Impact Protection System that has been optimized for the descent.
For exceptional protection when shredding down a mountain, the GIRO Switchblade MIPS boasts stainless steel hardware, a series of internal anchors molded directly into the EPS foam, and is ASTM Downhill Certified. This MIPS also includes Wind Tunnel Cheek Pad Ventilation for extra cooling power, Roc Loc Air DH Fit System for enhanced stability and ventilation, a POV Plus Visor that can be flipped up or down to integrate goggles, a spare visor with a camera mount, and a medium sized Switchblade only weighs 975g. Riders will also enjoy its signature, easy-to-install chinbar.
- ATSM Downhill Certified with and without the removable chinbar
- Stainless steel hardware, internal anchors, and EPS foam keep it solid during descents
- Wind Tunnel Cheek Pad Ventilation for extra cooling power
- Roc Loc Air DH fit system keeps helmet stable and provides great ventilation
- MIPS protection gives riders more protection in certain impacts
- POV Plus Visor allows the visor to flip up or down to provide full goggle integration
- Extra included visor includes a camera mount
- Lightweight, rugged, and designed for descents