2013 Diamondback Scapegoat Full Suspension Downhill Mountain Bike
The 2013 Scapegoat 6" frame is created from 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum and features a hydroformed top tube, a butted and formed downtube seatstays, seatstay bridge for added reinforcement, a tapered headtube, ISCG 05 tabs, a 142×12mm E-Thru Axle drop out and Diamondback's legendary Knuckle Box Suspension technology. A 160mm Fox DHX Air 5.0 Rear Shock with Kashima Coat keeps the rear riding plush without too much sacrifice on the pedal uphill. The DHX's patented Boost Valve technology provides a feeling of endless travel like that of a downhill rig, but with XC pedaling efficiency.
The Scapegoat has many unique frame features and characteristics:
- Tapered Head tube -- Today's longer travel forks generate more stress on the head tube. Add in today's more aggressive rider and the need for additional strength in that region becomes imperative. The 2013 Scapegoat frame is equipped with a tapered head tube for enhanced steering and extra strength.
- 142×12 mm Thru Axle -- Employing Shimano's new 142×12 mm E-Thru design makes for a stiffer and stronger rear-end on the bike.
- Single-Sided Hardware -- Single-sided hardware used for the three main pivot points allows for easy access to your high-quality Enduro Max bearings simply with standard tools. No more removing the crankset to tighten or service your pivots.
The Knuckle Box, or bell crank, is at the core of the single-pivot four-bar suspension platform. Optimally placed pivots equate to a low leverage ratio, and ultimately to superior pedaling efficiency and small-bump compliance. This also allows the shock to work more efficiently and reduces pedal induced motion. It also reduces overall load on the system which will lead to improved shock and bearing life.
As well as the Knucklebox full suspension technology, designed to be "low" and "tight":
- Low center of gravity: All suspension parts are positioned farther down on the frame for a stable and balanced ride.
- Low leverage suspension design: Lower air pressure results in longer shock life, less frame loading and better pedaling.
- Tight, compact linkage system of the Knuckle Box bell crank isolates and cradles the rear shock.
- Tight and large anodized aluminum hardware, matched with Force-Rated Enduro Max Bearings: Withstands higher loads and better handles oscillating motion.
The Scapegoat has the ultimate build -- one that is perfect right off the showroom floor. Diamondback added a Fox 36 Float RC2 FIT 180mm travel fork, an Easton Havoc UST compatible wheel set, Shimano Saint 4 piston Hydraulic Disc Brakes with servo wave and tool-free reach and stroke adjust, a Shimano XTR RadidFire drivetrain including short cage rear derailleur; now you've got the ability to squash any descent. A Gravity Lite single ring crankset and guide offer simplicity and strength to the mix. Easton comes back to round it out with a Havoc Post, Handlebar and 50mm stem for optimal body position.
- Scapegoat Aggressive All Mountain 6" 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum frame
- Fox 36 Float RC2 FIT, butted Alloy Tapered 1.5 Steerer with 180mm of travel
- Fork features external high/low speed compression adjust, air spring and rebound adjust, 20mm thru-axle
- Fox DHX Air 5.0 rear shock with 2 position ProPedal
- Gravity Light Mega Exo DH single 34t alloy ring, Gravity RACE chainguide
- Shimano Saint, 4 piston Hydraulic Disc brakes
- Easton HAVOC wheel set
- Shimano XTR RapidFire shifters and Short Cage Shadow Plus rear derailleur
- Easton HAVOC handlebar and stem