Fuji Norcom Straight 2.5 Triathlon Road Bike - 2016
Save $740.03 (28%) $1,899.97 MSRP $2,640.00
The Norcom Straight's C5 carbon frame and FC-330 carbon fork technology feature technology that increases stiffness, steering response, and of course, aerodynamics. Norcom was engineered largely in the legendary A2 Wind Tunnel facility in North Carolina, where designers were able to reduce the drag on every yaw angle on the frame and fork, and incorporate the most developed shaping techniques in the industry. The result is one of the industry's lightest and stiffest full monocoque C5 carbon frames.
Norcom Straight's designers moved the rear brake to a chainstay mount directly behind the bottom bracket (as opposed to being on the seat tube in previous bikes), and opted to go with a pressfit BB86 bottom bracket which moves the bearings outward on the crank axle improving the stiffness of both the frame -- through a greater cross-sectional width at the BB shell -- and the crank itself. The result was a surprising 26% increase in stiffness in the BB area, which to a triathlon or time trial rider equals faster times.
With full consideration that aerodynamics are not only critical for the bike, but also for the rider, Fuji paid careful attention to the adjustability of the rider's position on the Norcom Straight. As input from their top-level riders indicated, an aero bike is an absolute necessity, but a bike must have the versatility to get any rider into an optimized aero position while still maintaining a position in which the rider can run for extended periods of time comfortably and efficiently--designers and athletes agree that this is among the greatest feats achieved on the Norcom Straight project, producing a bike that any rider can race on and reap its greatest benefits.
- Full Monocoque C5 Carbon fiber frame with integrated head tube, seat clamp, and adjustable rear dropouts is ultra stiff, responsive, light, and aero
- Straight 1-1/8" head tube is shaped for seamless connection with the fork optimal aerodynamics
- FC-330 full carbon fork with carbon steerer delivers crisp, instantaneous steering response
- Shimano 105 11-speed drivetrain is smooth, reliable, responsive
- TRP aero TTV brakes deliver modulation response directly from your finger to the wheels to eliminate over-braking while also providing full stopping power
- Oval Concepts 327 alloy clincher wheels are light and deliver excellent power transfer
- Adjustable carbon seat post, alloy bars, and tubular chromo seat rails create rider-focused fit for optimized comfort and power delivery on sprints or long ride