Fuji Norcom Straight 1.1 Triathlon Road Bike - 2017
The Norcom Straight's C10 carbon frame and FC-330 carbon fork technology represent an amazing jump in stiffness, steering response, and of course, aerodynamics. Norcom was engineered largely in the legendary A2 Wind Tunnel facility in North Carolina, where designers were able to significantly reduce the drag on every yaw angle on the frame and fork, and incorporate the most developed shaping techniques in the industry. The result is an ultra-light, ultra-stiff full monocoque carbon frame with race-friendly adjustable vertical dropouts. Norcom Straight's designers placed the rear brake cavity directly behind the bottom bracket (as opposed to being on the seat tube in previous bikes), and opted to go with a BB86 bottom bracket which moves the bearings outward on the crank axle, dramatically improving the stiffness of both the frame -- through a greater cross-sectional width at the BB shell -- and the crank itself. The result was a surprising 26% increase in stiffness in the BB area, which to a triathlon or time trial rider equals faster times.
The Norcom 1.1 features a SRAM Red eTap drivetrain and a mid-compact 52/36 SRAM Red carbon crankset. You'll achieve the perfect cadence and wattage no matter the grade or heart rate. Deep dish Oval Concepts 980 carbon wheels and Vittoria Open Corsa CX tires deliver unparalleled performance and aerodynamics. TRP aero TTV brakes deliver modulation response directly from your finger to the wheels to eliminate over-braking while also providing full stopping power.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- Full Monocoque C10 Carbon fiber frame with integrated head tube, seat clamp, and adjustable rear dropouts; stiff, responsive, light, and aero
- Straight head tube creates seamless interface with fork increasing aerodynamics, stiffness, and steering response
- FC-330 full carbon fork with carbon steerer delivers crisp, instantaneous steering response
- Full SRAM RED eTAP 11-speed drivetrain is at the cutting-edge of the industry's race-level shifting technology
- Oval Concepts 980 full carbon aero wheels reduce drag and deliver excellent power transfer
- Adjustable carbon seat post, bars, and seat create rider-focused fit for optimized comfort and power delivery on sprints or long rides