In the helmet world, there's an unwritten rule that many designs seem to follow: aerodynamics, weight, aesthetics, and ventilation—pick two, there's your helmet. In typical fashion, however, Specialized doesn’t follow these norms—they innovate. And it’s precisely this mentality that led to the Airnet with MIPS—patented protection against "rotational violence" caused by angled impacts.
Loosely based upon the leather “hairnets” that cyclists used to wear before protection was a priority, Specialized took the ventilation and classic style and incorporated them into a modern helmet design that combines all of the above features. Although they had the hairnet shape in mind during the design phase, Specialized started by looking at the category leader in aerodynamic road helmets, the S-Works Evade, to see if they could make a classic style that wasn't only aesthetically pleasing, but also helped in the aero department. What they came up with is Specialized's third fastest helmet, behind the TT and Evade, that's lightweight, well ventilated, and looking good no matter your riding style.
The Airnet with MIPS also features the ultra-light Mindset HairPort micro-dial fit system making the perfect fit easily achievable. Drirelease® Merino wool pads provide you with increased comfort, odor control, and sweat management. You'll also find that it's equipped with the burgeoning MIPS technology (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System). Clean and simple, the Airnet helmet with MIPS is the ideal blend of functionality and performance for riders seeking both adventure and style.
- Ultra-light Mindset HairPort micro-dial fit system with height adjustability for the perfect fit.
- 4th Dimension Cooling System with deep internal channels, large vents, and aligned exhaust ports
- Composite matrix internal reinforcement allows larger vents for enhanced cooling
- Vent grippers integrated at the front and rear for secure eyewear storage
- Drirelease® Merino wool pads for increased comfort and sweat/ temperature management
- Thin, soft, and lightweight 4X DryLite webbing won’t stretch out with sweat or water
- Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments
- Instrap webbing system for ultra-light construction and security
- Reflective decals for increased visibility to motorists in low-light conditions
Fit System: Mindset/Hairport
Ventilation: 4th Dimension
Safety Features: MIPS
This product was added to our catalog on December 6, 2018