The Öhlins STX22 Air Shock for the Stumpjumper FSR & Rhyme works off of a three-way, externally adjustable design that allows for both high- and low-speed compression, as well as rebound adjust. The adjustment ranges are specifically for trail riding, so their easy to dial-in for the perfect feel. And as with the TTX, the third position on the high-speed adjuster features additional platform damping that's suited for climbing stability without sacrificing traction for technical trail sections. Side-load and friction management were also high priorities in the design, as most shocks are only built to work with a bike that's in a straight line. This lead to Öhlins developing a main seal with SKF that incorporates a bushing that only sees support when the shock sees high side loads, like in corners or during a quick change in directions. This design also comes with the benefit of extremely low friction levels, so when paired with the damping functions of the STX system, you'll experience exceptional grip, control, and bump absorption.
- Öhlins's first air sprung MTB shock; it's aimed towards the enduro/trail market to meet the increasing demands in high performance suspension products.
- AUTOSAG enables the fastest, easiest, and most accurate way to set up your suspension.
- Proprietary STX Technology offers three-way, externally adjustable shock with low- and high-speed compression, plus rebound adjust.
- Third position on the high-speed adjuster is an additional platform damping—a stability mode facilitating long climbs, while maintaining enough traction to handle technical trails.
- SKF Low Friction Seal incorporates a bushing that only sees support when the shock sees high side loads, like in corners or during a quick change in directions, so you get more grip, control, and bump absorption.
- Compatible with 2016 - 2018 Stumpjumper Carbon FSR & Rhyme Carbon FSR models.
This product was added to our catalog on March 2, 2018