Helmets have long been plagued by an unspoken rule: Lightweight, ventilation, aerodynamics—pick two, there's your helmet. As you can tell by now, though, Specialized doesn't play by these rules—or really any for that matter. They'd rather turn standards on their head and create products that nobody ever dreamed of. And you needn't look any further than the S-Works Evade helmet for proof of this. Straight up, it's the fastest road helmet out there.
Specialized teamed up with MIPS researchers to introduce MIPS SL—a new, ultra-light, and supremely comfortable version of MIPS that's available exclusively on Specialized helmets. With MIPS SL, we've essentially integrated MIPS technology within the helmet padding itself. MIPS SL's minimalist "watchband" attachment system provides 10 to 15 millimeters of rotation in every direction and offers the same brain protection benefits as other versions of MIPS, while also ushering in a new level of comfort and weight savings.
As far as ventilation is concerned, free-flowing air through the helmet not only makes the helmet cooler than ever, but it also decreases aerodynamic drag. Going hand-in-hand with this, ventilation and aerodynamics were both optimized in the Win Tunnel together, making for the best combination of aerodynamics and ventilation out there. Now, the exterior vents and interior channels have been carefully considered to make sure that the helmet draws in the maximum amount of air through the helmet for extreme cooling. And the result? The new Evade is just as cool as a bare head with no helmet, making it the coolest aero helmet on the market today.
Last, but most certainly not least, a fast helmet is useless unless it fits correctly. With this in mind, the new S-Works Evade has all the features you'd expect from a top-level helmet, like the Mindset HairPort 2 fit system with micro-adjustments, soft webbing that won't stretch out, and a new Gutter Action brow pad that manages sweat to keep it out of your eyes. And to top it off, Specialized added a new magnetic buckle to the mix that makes buckling with one hand a breeze.
Note: Specialized no longer includes ANGi with this helmet, but some stock may still have the included sensor. Please contact customer service to check availability.
- ANGi crash sensor compatible
- MIPS SL is the lightest, most ventilated MIPS protection to date and is exclusively available on Specialized helmets
- Through extensive Win Tunnel development, the Evade is the fastest Specialized road helmet
- 4th Dimension Cooling System with deep internal channels, large vents, and aligned exhaust ports make it the best combination of aerodynamics and ventilation
- Patented Energy Optimized Multi-Density EPS construction helps to manage impact energy
- Patented Aramid-Reinforced Skeleton provides internal EPS support to help manage impact energy
- Ultra-light Mindset HairPort II micro-dial fit system with height adjustability for the perfect fit
- Gutter Action brow pad design for increased comfort and sweat management
- Thin, soft, and lightweight 4X DryLite webbing won’t stretch out with sweat or water
- Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments
- In-strap webbing system for ultra-light construction and security
- Magnetic buckle is simple and secure
Fit System: Mindset/Hairport
Ventilation: 4th Dimension
Safety Features: MIPS, Crash Detection
This product was added to our catalog on October 16, 2020