When Specialized set out to improve the original S-Works Prevail, they knew they had their work cut out. How could they improve on the industry benchmark for fit, ventilation, and comfort? By listening to the riders—that’s how. Through this, Specialized's helmet designers realized that there were a few aspects of the original Prevail II that needed to be changed, with the biggest request being for a lower-sitting design.
Specialized teamed up with MIPS researchers to introduce MIPS SL—a new, ultra-light, and supremely comfortable version of MIPS that's available exclusively on Specialized helmets. With MIPS SL, Specialized essentially integrated MIPS technology within the helmet padding itself. MIPS SL's minimalist "watchband" attachment system provides 10 to 15 millimeters of rotation in every direction and offers the same brain protection benefits as other versions of MIPS, while also ushering in a new level of comfort and weight savings.
With the Prevail, Specialized set out to prove that big ideas can come in smaller packages. It all starts with the patented EPS construction that relies on multi-density foam that's paired with a robotically woven, Aramid-reinforced skeleton. This comes with a reduction in the overall size, creating a smaller profile that fits lower down on the head for a better fit and safety.
It also has deep internal channels that are aligned from front-to-rear, so the air intake and exhaust are optimized for unparalleled cooling over the entire head. And in the Win Tunnel, Specialized found these new designs amounted to six seconds saved over 40km when compared to a "standard" road helmet. Another standout feature of the S-Works Prevail II is the Gutter Action System that manages the flow of sweat, keeping it away from your eyes and dripping it off of the pads over your temple.
In the end, the S-Works Prevail II is the most complete lightweight race helmet Specialized has ever made—perfect for hot, mountainous rides and flat, windy sections alike.
Note: Specialized no longer includes ANGi with this helmet, but some stock may still have the included sensor. Please contact customer service to check availability.
- ANGi crash sensor compatible (sold separately)
- New MIPS SL is the lightest, most ventilated MIPS protection to date and is exclusively available on Specialized helmets
- Patented Energy Optimized Multi-Density EPS construction helps to manage impact energy
- Patented aramid-reinforced skeleton provides internal EPS support
- Ultra-light Mindset HairPort II micro-dial fit system with height adjustability for the perfect fit
- Mega Mouthport optimizes cooling and sweat evaporation
- Aerodynamic design
- 4th Dimension Cooling System with deep internal channels, large vents, and aligned exhaust ports
- Thin, soft, and lightweight 4X DryLite webbing won’t stretch out with sweat or water
- Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments
- Instrap webbing system for ultra-light construction and security
- Gutter Action brow pad design for increased comfort and sweat management
- Reflective decals for increased visibility to motorists in low-light conditions
- Patented clip-on visor included
Fit System: Mindset/Hairport
Ventilation: 4th Dimension
Safety Features: MIPS
This product was added to our catalog on February 6, 2020