Setting off on the Torch 3.0 Road shoe design process, Specialized had a goal to create a performance, feature-packed, top-end shoe. The challenge, however, was pulling this off at a palatable price.
To achieve this, Specialized utilized three strategically placed materials on the uppers that are welded together—TPU and mesh in the front and synthetic leather in the rear. This makes for a more comfortable and supportive front of the shoe. A stiff rear and heel cup, meanwhile, lock down your heel and keep all of your watts going into the pedals as efficiently as possible. This refined upper is combined with Specialized's FACT carbon fiber sole to further ensure an efficient power transfer. Finally, we topped the Torch 3.0 off with two Boa® S2-SV Snap dials for zonal closure, and a precise fit that leads to all-day comfort.
- Body Geometry sole construction and footbeds are ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce chance of injury by optimizing hip, knee, and foot alignment
- FACT™ carbon composite sole and torsion box construction is directionally rigid for outstanding power transfer: Stiffness Index 8.5
- Dual Boa® S2-SV Snap dial closure for on-the-fly micro-adjustment, backed by the Boa® Lifetime Guarantee
- Mesh, TPU, and synthetic layer upper are placed in specific zones for comfort and lock-down, and are thermobonded for a superior fit
- Standard Fit for support and all-day comfort
- Three-bolt cleat pattern fits all major road pedals
Cleat Compatibility: 3-Bolt
Closure Type: Boa/Hook & Loop
Sole Material: Carbon Composite
Weight (Pair): 496g (Size 42)
This product was added to our catalog on August 28, 2018