Designed for the serious enthusiast or first time clipless user, the Speedplay Ultra Light Action Chrome-Moly Road Pedal System features an advanced hybrid pedal technology that combines the most user-friendly characteristics found in Speedplay's popular X and Zero road pedals. Speedplay Ultra Light Action pedals blend the legendary ease-of-entry and luxurious non-centering free-float of Speedplay's X Pedal System together with the robust spring design and enhanced durability of Speedplay's Zero Pedal System. Named "Ultra Light Action" after its unique low-force, high-security latch mechanism, the new Speedplay Ultra Light Action Pedal System provides the easiest and most intuitive entry and release functions ever.
Speedplay's new Walkable Cleat technology for Ultra Light Action pedals sets a new standard for user-friendly, off-the-bike functionality. Speedplay's Ultra Light Action Walkable Cleats are the first truly walkable cleats for road pedals. The integrated, rubberized covers stay on the cleats while you are riding. When walking, the covers improve traction and protect the cleats from wear. Additionally, the thin, contoured cleat profile allows for a more natural gait and makes walking in road shoes much less awkward.
Included with the cleat sets are handy plugs called Cleat Buddies for use when walking in dirty conditions. Cleat Buddies prevent debris contamination by fitting into the cleat's center cavity. When you are ready to ride, Cleat Buddies can be easily removed for riding and conveniently snap together to fit in a pocket or bag.
Ultra Light Action Chrome-Moly Pedals:
Ultra Light Action Walkable Cleats:
- Easy Dual-Sided Entry: The symmetrical Ultra Light Action pedal is always in the right position for engagement, whether it is right-side-up, upside-down, or anywhere in between.
- Self-Locating Cleat Design: The Ultra Light Action pedal is automatically guided into the recessed cleat-cavity during engagement. This makes the pedals extraordinarily easy to find by feel and eliminates the need to look down.
- Secure Engagement: The security of the engagement mechanism doesn't rely on spring tension, so it is not necessary to have a stiff retention spring. It's easy to get in and out of without a struggle, and you won't have to worry about pulling out inadvertently.
- 15 Degree Range of Non Spring-Centered Free Float: Free float without spring recentering tension allows feet to find their natural float range during the pedal stroke and eliminates knee strain.
- Large, Comfortable Cleat Platform: The pedal/cleat combination provides a large and stable platform that won't rock side-to-side, improving power efficiency and all-day comfort. Keep in mind that with Speedplay's unique inverted design, the cleat is the platform!
- Extremely Light Weight Pedals and Cleats Improve Riding Efficiency: Stainless steel pedals weigh 220g/pair. Ultra Light Action Walkable Cleats weigh 100g/pair (4-bolt shoes) or 138g/pair (3-bolt shoes).
- Unbeatable Cornering Clearance: Thin pedal body provides the lowest stack height and best cornering clearance available.
- Easy Cleat Set-up: Set-up is easy because no complicated adjustments are needed.
- Precision Bearings: High precision cartridge and needle bearings ensure high quality, low friction and durability.
- Easy Maintenance: A built-in grease port for easy bearing lubrication.
- Fits More Shoes: Ultra Light Action cleats fit any shoe with a 3-hole or 4-hole mount.
- Grippy, rubberized tread covers the cleat for improved traction
- Durable cover material is resistant to wear and will not scuff floors
- Thin, contoured cleat profile makes walking easier and more fluid
- Fits all standard 3-Hole and 4-Hole shoes
- Cleat weight with cover: 3-hole configuration=138g/pair; 4-hole configuration=100g/pair
This product was added to our catalog on November 9, 2016