Building off the success of the Crest MK3, the Crest S1 aims to provide the same great ride with an emphasis on value and durability. This new Crest has been designed according to Stan’s WideRight rim and tire fit system, with a rim profile optimized for 2.00” - 2.25” tires. The result is increased tire volume for improved stability with wider tires.
- 23mm internal width, WideRight for 2.0 - 2.25 tires
- Includes Stans No Tubes 25mm rim tape (installed)
- Requires additional valve stem for tubeless setup
- Chrome sealed-cartridge bearings
- Sapim Race 2.0/1.8/2.0 Double-butted spokes and Sapim Secure Lock brass nipples
- Wider rim width for more stability with larger tires
- Stan's Neo Hub with Durasync freehub featuring 10 degree engagement through 6 simultaneous pawls
- Neo Ultimate 6-pawl freehub body available as an upgrade for 5 degree engagement
- Shimano 11-speed driver for Dynasis and Road
- Neo hubs feature best-in-class convertibility through easy and simple endcaps
|Hub/Brake Compatibility||6-Bolt Disc|
|ISO Diameter||559 / 26" mtn|
|Rear Axle||QR x 135mm|
|Rim Depth (mm)||17.2|
|Tire Type||Tubeless Ready Clincher|
|Valve Length||Short Presta Valve 32-40mm|
|Rim Width (External)||26.6|
|Spoke Profile||Double Butted|
|Spoke Info||Sapim Race|
So knowing my situation, I was referred to Nashbar by a good, trusted friend who ordered bike components many years ago. I went into the situation no knowing much about bikes, although I maintain my cars. I quickly found out that it takes specialized tools to disassemble and assemble bike components. Kate S. responded to my questions. She expertly guided me through the process, which involved analyzing my bike and its intricasies, selecting components, buying the appropriate tools and accessories. It turned out to be the right mix of everything, taking into account my needs and budget. My friend was right - Nashbar is a great place to shop for components. The only thing I didn't find there was rear view mirrors. You do have them, but they didn't fit my handlebar. I found Entrac and Meachow on Amazon, which fit my 22.2 mm bar, plus have the right swivels to adjust them for my need.
There were two other customer service specialists that also gave me expert advice. One was on the phone, and I don't remember his name. The other was Spencer J, who helped me through email. Both were very good specialists.
Then there's Kristyn Santos, who followed up and thanked me for my being a customer. She too was very personal and thankful. She gave me a $10 off discount, even though I really don't need it. I do appreciate her gift, though. I still need more items from Nashbar, and I plan on using the discount there.
Thank you very much for being a great internet store for us bikers who would rather buy internet than locally. I do support local businesses but as I said earlier, Orlando bike shops aren't the greatest vendors in town. Simon.