You want the increased control a dropper post gives you, but you had to give up your Thomson post to have it. Not any longer. You can put your Thomson post back on the bike!
The Thomson cartridge-based system is designed to have the longest service life in the industry. If repair is needed it is fast, affordable, and simple. Every single component is the best available. Custom made Norglide bearing bushings, custom made Trelleborg O-Rings and seals, Thomson saddle clamps and fasteners, Motul Oil. This is the drop post good enough to be called a Thomson Elite.
The Elite Dropper uses side mount actuation so we can keep all the critical dimensions of the Thomson Elite cradle, bolt, and clamp geometry. One piece forged inner post for strength and reliability, no joint to loosen and fail. Actuation is by cam, so you get smooth, variable speed and height without resorting to a complicated, damage-prone hydraulic actuator; no bleeding required. 27.2, 30.9, and 31.6 diameters available. The Elite Dropper features the external housing and cable installation and will let you re-build that aggressive hard tail you have been dreaming of.
- 5mm setback
- Overall weight is 592 grams including remote lever, housing, and cable. Thomson droppers pass EN fatigue and strength tests for seatpost. Lighter dropper posts do not!
- One piece forged inner post for strength and reliability
- Thomson droppers have the smallest most ergonomic remote lever available and short throw for quick height changes.
- 100mm or 125mm of infinite travel
- Cam-actuated so rider gets smooth, variable speed and height; no bleeding required
- Return speed is damped in the last 15mm of upward travel
Diameter: 27.2 / 30.9 / 31.6
Travel: 100mm / 125mm
Clamp Style: Std Rails
Lockout: Handlebar Remote
Cable Routing: External Frame
This product is expected to become available for purchase on Monday, June 27, 2022