This is the Thomson Elite Seatpost. The Thomson Elite seatpost is the standard by which all other seatposts are judged. Forged clamps, integrally machined head, and an elliptically extruded 7000 series aluminum body have made the Elite and the Setback Elite the industry models for strength, light weight and ease of adjustment.
Over 40% stronger on ultimate strength test than the strongest production seatposts on the market.
Over double the fatigue life of any production models we tested. The tube and head of the Thomson seatpost are integral-machined from one single piece of high strength 7000 series aluminum. The head is not pressed or bonded in. This allows for superior strength and minimum weight, allowing higher strength at low weights.
Lightweight – approximately 201 grams (250 length) for road bikes and 228 grams (330 length) for mountain bikes. Natural ellipse bore inside tube for optimum strength to weight ratio.
We have a long 1.614 inch (41 mm) seat rail grip length. This helps prevent seat rail bending from impact loads. Most other seatposts have grip lengths of .500 inch or more shorter than our grip length.
The Thomson seatpost design incorporates a bending fuse to prevent catastrophic failure. All competitive seatposts we tested failed catastrophically with the seat and clamp components, and sometimes pieces of the tube and head flying off in all directions.
The Thomson seatpost has a clamp, head, and upper tube strong enough to withstand 350 foot-lbs of torque. The tube will start to yield and bend at the seat tube clamp at about 250 foot-lbs of torque. Under severe impact the Thomson seatpost will bend slightly and allow the rider to come to a safe stop or finish the ride.
- Every component of the Thomson seatpost is 100 percent American made. This includes all fasteners and forgings.
- The Thomson seatpost has all parts captive and can easily be attached to a seat without dis-assembly.
- Infinite tilt adjustment minus 5° and plus 29°.
- Very low profile clamps means no seat interference as the swivel nuts are down between the seat rails.
- The designs and materials have passed extensive life and ultimate strength tests.
- Every production lot of seatposts has ultimate strength and fatigue tests performed. Our on going testing program ensures that every production lot of seatposts meets Thomson standards.
- Impact absorbing clamps – clamps, head, and assembly will spread and flex on impact to protect seat, rails, seatpost and rider.
- Adjustments can be made to the tilt of the seat without moving the seat forwards or backwards.
- Easy on seats – allows seat to survive heavy impact loads without bending rails.
This product was added to our catalog on October 17, 2014