This is a Thomson Elite X4 Stem with a 0° rise. X4 is absolutely the best combination of strength and weight available. Enduro and downhill riders can run Thomson confidently, yet X4 is light enough for cross country and cyclocross. X4 offers precise steering and tracking for the ultimate in control while riding. Too many modern mountain bike stems sacrifice strength and torsional stiffness for a few grams of saved weight.
The Thomson X4 is the leader in strength and stiffness. The Thomson X4 stem allows you to realize the benefits of stiffer forks and stiffer 31.8 bars. X4 offers precise steering, tracking, and more control while riding, all wrapped up in a beautiful design.
The Thomson X4 is stronger and 30 grams lighter than the Thomson Elite 25.4 mountain stem. It features a traditional steerer clamp that is shaped to save weight and to be knee friendly. Solid one piece 7000 series aluminum extruded billet precision machined by Thomson in their Macon, Georgia factory. X4 is absolutely the best combination of strength and weight available.
- Built and tested to the same standards as Thomson aerospace parts
- The best stem for all-around Mountain Bike and Cyclocross riding
- Machined 7000 series extruded bar stock
- Use SM5320 to adapt 1-1/8" threadless stem to 1" threadless steerer
- Stack height is 41mm
- Bolts are custom heat treated with corrosion preventative plating
- 31.8 bar clamp diameter with smooth edges for carbon bar compatibility
- Choose from a variety of lengths
Bar Clamp Diameter: 31.8mm
Stem Angle: 0
S.H.I.S. Clamp Diameter: 28.6mm (1-1/8")
This product was added to our catalog on March 7, 2018