Traveling with bikes is not ordinarily an easy task, however, Thule designed the OutWay Hanging bike rack with features that simplify the user experience. They simplified the car mounting and removal process and produced a design that accommodates multiple vehicles. The rack also folds flat when not in use reducing excess bulk.
- Premium trunk mount bike carrier provides robust attachment and fits wide range of vehicles including those with a spoiler
- Maximum fastening security to your vehicle with rubber coated steel cables and twin hook attachment
- Integrated anti-sway system keeps bikes steady and prevent them from coming in contact with the car
- Accommodates variety of bike frames/geometries including smaller kids bikes thanks to adjustable bike arms
- Bike protection and security with soft cradles that absorb road shock and vibrations
- Locks the bike to the rack with a integrated cable lock
- Bike arms fold down when not in use, reducing excess bulk
Bike Capacity: 3-Bikes
Bike Weight Limit: 33lbs each
Bike Mount Type: Top Tube
Rack Weight: ~18.5lbs
This product was added to our catalog on November 3, 2021
Now that it’s arrived I’ve had a chance to mount it to the car and use it for a run to the local trails. The drive is about 30 mins each way and requires highway travel, so speeds up to probably 70 mph. Both bikes were solid. No sway and no concerns. Trying to hang two different rear suspension linkage designs on the same rack requires some creative mounting and patience but ended up working fine. The tube that connects the steering stem to the seat post I now see could be a worthwhile purchase.
Otherwise I highly recommend the rack, it looks good, is very sturdy and was easy to install.