What does a commuter's dream look like? Probably a lot like the Topeak Trunk Bag DXP. It has plenty of space for a change of clothes, lunch, rain gear, tools, and plenty of extra pockets and storage areas for anything else you may need. The solid, weather-resistant construction will make sure your gear gets where you're going safe and sound.
- Divided main compartment with rigid molded side panels and expanding two-stage top helps keep your cargo safe and secure
- Side panels zip open into full 14.5" x 7" panniers for even more storage
- Hardy, weather resistant 600 denier polyester fabric stands up to the demands of touring and commuting
- Includes water bottle pocket and carrying handle
- Hook and loop attachment for easy and secure installation
- Requires a beam rack with side frames attached or a traditional rack with struts to prevent wheel rub
Pack Type: Trunk Bag w/ Expandable Panniers
Pack Capacity: 22.6L (Expanded)
Mount: Hook & Loop Straps
Material: 600D Polyester
Dimensions: 14.1 x 9.8 x 8.5-11.4"
This product was added to our catalog on March 26, 2019
Its made of very tough material, all aspects (including the zipper), are first rate quality and function.
The only possible design flaw may be that, in order to carry the system there's either a handle or a shoulder strap. The handle's placement results in the zipper taking on the entire weight of the system. As such I used the shoulder strap instead, having it do double duty by wrapping the strap around my seat post as a back-up safety system just in case the latch holding it all to the rack failed.
Make sure you also purchase the rain cover which is sold separately. In case you think that's a bad idea, note that at least you have a choice whether to buy it or not, otherwise the price would go up anyway.
I highly recommend buying the Topeak MTS Trunk Bag DXP.