The Byway Road tire gives riders comfort on remote gravel roads without being slowed down on the pavement required to reach them. A slick centerline borders angular hatching to keep everything smooth on sections of pavement. Intermediate, diamond-shaped peaks provide steadfast traction under power, while consistent and more substantial knobs extend down the side to protect it against ill-intentioned rocks or gashes while exploring new areas.
With WTB's Dual DNA rubber compound this is the tire to ride when you are giving it your all. Dual DNA is the perfect mix of efficiency, traction, and durability. The centerline tread features a firmer rubber compound that boasts faster rolling and increased durability, while the side knobs are composed of softer, slower-rebounding rubber that improves control and grip.
- The Byway tire brings supple traction and smooth riding characteristics to beyond where the pavement ends with added grip to control in the dirt
- Dual DNA: Tire compound balances traction and durability
- TCS: Tubeless Compatible System is WTB's standardized tubeless rim/tire system designed to meet international ETRTO standards and deliver unbeatable reliability
- SG2: SG2 puncture-resistant nylon layer provides bead-to-bead coverage to protect both the tread and sidewalls
- Road TCS: WTB's standard tubeless tire design with a 60 TPI single-ply casing
- Light Casing: TCS Light tires feature one layer of casing to minimize rotational weight while increasing the overall liveliness of a tire
- Fast Rolling: Long-wearing rubber designed for low rolling resistance and durability
Tire Type: Tubeless (Clincher)
TPI (Threads Per Inch): 60 TPI (Road TCS), 120 TPI (Light/Fast w/ SG2)
Puncture Protection: Tread & Sidewall (SG2)
Weight: 463g (700c | 40mm | Light/Fast w/ SG2)
This product was added to our catalog on October 21, 2021