The SL-70 Aero is a unidirectional carbon handlebar packed with innovations for best-in-class fit, ergonomics, and aerodynamic performance. With its wing-shaped bar top, the SL-70 Aero features Zipp’s latest bar refinements while building on the trend-setting aero legacy of the VukaSprint. The wing-shaped top was designed using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). The difference of that design is real, saving 6.4 watts over a round-tube section bar top. Beyond aero performance, the SL-70 Aero features a 70mm reach to allow proper fit without compromising stem length and steering control. The revised 10° ramp angle to the brake hoods eliminated the need for up-rotated bars. The bar also provides ample wrist clearance for riding and sprinting in drops.
- 70mm reach and 128mm drop allows for a low and aero drops position
- Internal cable routing is easy with Rapid Route
- Zipp Rapid Routing cable exits are positioned for easy installation of brake cables
- Updated distinctive Zipp matte black cosmetics
- Not compatible with internal routing of DI2 wires, or the bar end junction
Handlebar Type: Road (Drop Bars)
Shape (Bend Style): Compact (Aero)
Stem Clamp: 31.8mm
Brake Lever/Shifter Compatibility: Road (23.8mm Mount Point)
Material: Carbon Fiber
Weight: 245g (42cm)
This product is expected to become available for purchase on Sunday, August 14, 2022
The only real issue is the lack of space for computers and lights. I recommend switching to a center-stem mounted GPS.