Zipp’s 30 Course Disc-brake Clincher aluminum wheelset is as packed full of innovations as your best day on a bike was packed with euphoria. The 30 Course Disc-brake Clincher’s durable wide rim profile offers enhanced aerodynamic efficiency as well as better comfort and cornering grip. This is a high-performance aluminum wheelset engineered to provide versatility for the new era of road cycling that includes disc-brake road applications but also cyclocross and gravel adventures, riding or racing.
New Aluminum-Rim Technology:
The 30 Course Clincher is Zipp’s first wheelset to be tubeless-ready, providing the ability to run lower tire pressures without risk of pinch flats. The 30 Course Disc-brake wheelset, with its external 25mm rim width and 21mm internal width, incorporates design innovations from the Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher profile for low aerodynamic drag, greater stability and predictability in crosswinds. That wider rim platform allows for increased air volume, which spreads the tire casing. That helps increase the contact patch with the ground. The result is improved cornering grip and increased comfort on the road.
New Hub Technology With the 77/177D:
- Engineered for versatility, durability and simplicity. Same 77/177D hubset used in Zipp 202 and 303 Firecrest Disc-brake wheelsets.
- Bearing preload precision set – that means no pre-load adjustment is needed.
- Improved bearing protection and sealant.
- Includes newly designed quick-release skewers with a wider more ergonomic handle to provide more leverage for opening and closing. When closed, lever contours neatly with the frame.
- Thru-axle compatible. Comes with thru-axle end caps that can be swapped by hand:
- Front: QRx100mm, 12x100mm & 15x100mm
- Rear: QRx135mm & 12x142mm
- Proprietary flange geometry and spoke hole attachment pattern with Sapim® CX Ray® spokes to optimize torsional and lateral stiffness without sacrificing weight or robustness.
- New distinctive hub graphics.
- 17mm axle
- SRAM XDR driver body for 177D available separately.
All this means the 30 Course Disc-brake is a multi-use wheelset that delivers speed, stability, comfort and the superior power and modulation of disc braking over any terrain.
Note: Maximum rider weight for this wheel is 250 lbs.
Wheel Size: 700c
ISO Diameter (ETRTO): 622
Tire Type: Tubeless (Clincher)
Brake Type: Disc Brake (6-Bolt)
Axle Type: Quick Release, Thru Axle
Hub Spacing: QR/12 x 135/142mm
Drive Type (Rear Hub): Shimano/SRAM 11 Speed Road (8, 9, 10, 11 Speed)
Rim: Aluminum (Welded, 26mm Depth)
Rim Width: 21mm (Internal), 25mm (External)
Spoke Count: 24H
Spoke Type: Straight Pull (Sapim CX-Ray)
- Zipp thru-axle end caps
- 1 Zipp skewer
- 1 Zipp rim tape 700c x 20mm and 1 Zipp tubeless valve
- A 1.85mm spacer for use with 10-speed cassettes
- The 30 Course Disc-brake Clincher rear wheel comes with a standard 10/11 speed driver body for SRAM/Shimano
This product was added to our catalog on August 20, 2021