The ultimate race series for women athletes has arrived. The counterpart to Assos' men’s EQUIPE line, DYORA storms to the front with an all-new S9 bib-short platform specifically tuned for female riders.
To start, Assos adapted their proven A-Lock Engineering framework to the shorts. This bracing system ensures the silky-smooth Type.441 textile remain in full-wrap mode, giving your leg muscles a boost with a smooth compressive wrap, hour after hour. This new platform also holds the DYORA RS Insert in place with ergoBox stitch pattern and external rollBar bib straps, meaning that as your body moves in and out of the saddle and your weight shifts, your sit bones remain fully supported atop the center of the insert.
In terms of fit, Assos replaced the Schnalle magnetic closure (think LAALALAI) with a standard bib-strap layout in the front, but positioned the straps further outward to better adapt to a wider range of body types. Additionally, the raw-cut zeroWaist and Ultralight Leg Grippers ensure the smoothest transition possible between your body and the fabric panels. For the insert, Assos incorporated the DYORA RS Insert in their signature basalt colorway, equipped with superAir microShock foam, 3D waffle topsheet, and ASSOS-exclusive goldenGate technology.
- A-Lock Engineering: S9 racingFit system comprising new textiles and technologies working in harmony to stabilize the shorts and secure the insert in place.
- Butterfly Pattern: The primary textile panel fully wrapping the lower back and legs, coming together in the rear. Fewer seams leads to a more uniform hold, less weight, and greater comfort.
- Type.441: A patented 40-gauge warp knit, developed specifically for compressive hold and silky comfort. 200g/m2, UPF 50+, moisture wicking (idroFil fastDry), iceColor, odorControl, and extremely durable.
- rollBar: A patented bracing design that mimics a race car’s anti-sway bar by using the bib straps to stabilize the insert and lock it in place as your weight transfers from left to right while cornering.
- ergoBox: A square pattern construction that effectively frames the insert in the back, boxing it in for added stability.
- Carbon Xbib: A single section of elastic material—folded over on itself—forming a supportive A-frame that delivers limited vertical stretch in the rear. Above the “X” junction, a more flexible material is employed, incorporating an antibacterial carbon weave, to wick moisture and lay flat in the front.
- zeroWaist: A raw-cut, tape-reinforced edge for the smoothest transition possible between the body and fabric panel. More comfort with less pressure.
- Ultralight Leg Grippers: New Lycra/elastane leg band structure naturally grips the thigh—free of silicone treatment—to deliver a smooth, ultralight hold.
- 30% Seam Reduction: Flatter seams throughout, with fewer overall, translates to more comfort and lower overall weight (165g).
- DYORA RS Insert: Antibacterial microfiber booster top sheet in 3D basalt colorway. Pays homage to the lava stone that gives us strength, stability, and courage.
- superAir microShock foam: A lightweight open-cell foam with a shock-absorbing composition that returns to its original position, filling the gap every time pedaling position is changed in the saddle through the shift of weight.
- 3D waffle: A patented, three-layer perforated foam that increases breathability and eliminates excess weight.
- Surface Reduction Design: Insert footprint reduced from previous UMA pattern to shed extra grams.
- goldenGate: A patented technology that interrupts the stitching along both of the insert’s side panels, allowing a more three-dimensional freedom of movement in this sensitive, rotational area.
- Composition: 80%PA 20%EA
Season: Warm Weather
Chamois: DYORA RS Insert