- ULTRA-TORQUE™ AXLE: Pressure on the pedals is transmitted effciently without any power loss.
- NEW CHAINRINGS: Sophisticated mechanical features on the parts that move the chain up and down guarantee maximum effciency during shifting. A further evolution of the chainrings used by Pro-Teams in 2014.
- DIFFERENTIATED NUMBER OF PINS DEPENDING ON THE CHAINRING COMBINATION: Constantly optimum engagement of the chain. Maximum shifting effciency.
- HOLLOW CRANK AND SPIDER ARMS WITH ULTRA-HOLLOW™ TECHNOLOGY: Reduced weight of stress – free sections, improved crank set weight to stiffness ratio.
- DOUBLE STANDARDIZED BOLT CIRCLE DIAMETER ON ALL COMBINATIONS: Maximum stiffness and lightness thanks to extension of the carbon fber crank close to the chainrings with 112 mm for the small bolt circle diameter and 145 mm for the large one.
- INTEGRATED CRANK/CHAINRING MOUNTING SYSTEM: reduced weight – easy maintenance.
LIGHTNESS, RIGIDITY, SIMPLIFIED ASSEMBLY AND MAINTENANCE:ULTRA-TORQUE™.
THIS IS CAMPAGNOLO'S ANSWER IN THE INTEGRATED CRANKSET SECTOR.
SIX YEARS AFTER INTRODUCING THE ULTRA-TORQUE™ SYSTEM, IT IS STILL CONSIDERED, THE BEST PERFORMING CRANK-SET SPINDLE IN TERMS OF STIFFNESS, LOW WEIGHT AND EFFICIENCY OF POWER TRANSMISSION.
Campagnolo found a way to permanently conjoin the semi-axles of the bottom bracket to the respective crankset arms. This redesign made it possible to considerably reduce the lateral dimensions at the axle level and prevent annoying contact with the ankles when turning the pedals.
Assembly is simplistic: one single oversize bolt is enough to integrate the two semi-axles. With regard to torque
transmission efficiency, this system is equally as effective as a single piece axle.
Furthermore, despite the narrow side profile, we have been able to position the bearings outside the bottom bracket shell, resulting in greater axle rigidity from the increased axle diameter. This breakthrough was obtained by using an ingenious mechanical system derived from many years' motoring experience in the rotation axle and engine shaft coupling sector: the Hirth joint.
In short , this is a joint with self-centring and self-aligning frontal teeth located in the middle of the bottom-bracket
axle where the ends of the semi-axles, integrated with the crankset arms, come into contact.
X.P.S.S.™ incorporates a project with a specific goal: giving Campagnolo's new 11-speed groupsets the best shifting performance possible.
And the Campy Tech Lab™ has hit the mark once again.
The new design of the chains up shifting and downshifting has been analysed to the smallest detail with mathematical functions to simulate possible movements of the chain on the chainrings and design optimal angles. Furthermore, repeated lab tests on the speed and precision of the shifting action have allowed us to complete the product's optimization.
We have also reviewed the profile of the chainring teeth to enhance efficiency and compatibility with the 11-Speed chain and the cleverly-shaped derailleur to contribute to making the movement of the chain extremely quick, even under load.
Indeed the secret of this amazing result is a perfect combination and integration of all the drive train's components. Each one of them is designed to perfectly fit and work with the rest. This is the only way you will be able to enjoy the extraordinary performance of the new X.P.S.S.™ system.
Arm Length: 170, 172.5, 175 mm
Chainring Size: 39/52 - 39/53