The Garmin Tacx Boost Trainer opens new doors for cyclists looking to enjoy indoor training. Basic trainers offer ease of use with quick bike mounting and dismounting so that you can spend more time riding and less time fussing around. Pair the Boost trainer with a compatible speed sensor and unlock the ability to use "virtual power" on compatible electronic platforms (Zwift, Trainer Road, etc).
- Wheel on basic trainer
- Easy to use click and ride connection
- 10 position manual resistance control with a handlebar remote to allow adjustments while riding
- Flywheel provides a realistic pedaling experience
- Multi-functional front wheel support
- Compatible with 130mm road and 135mm mountain quick release and solid axles. Requires adapters for thru axle use
Trainer Type: Rear Wheel Trainer
Max Power: 1050 Watts
Flywheel Weight: 1.6kg
Footprint: 26.6 x 25.6"
This product was added to our catalog on December 22, 2020
With many "new" items, there are always specs and bugs and mismatches it seems that are extant. Here the first thing that comes to my mind is "a $300+ unit with a $2 set of directions." Not sure exactly what else I was expecting. It gets two stars for being apparently smooth in the operation. But it doesn't have that "wow" factor, and I won't spend much over $300 for a trainer. Honestly, it will almost certainly go back. The dismaying thing is this: in 35 years, I'm fairly certain I have NEVER sent ANYTHING BACK to Performance. I hate that this unit will not be part of my collection and is my sole return to a company I rever. Again, sorry for saying this, as your products are outstanding! Not this one, per se.