The Minion SS (Semi-Slick) fills the gap between a fast rolling XC tires and grippy DH tires by including a cluster of short, ramped knobs, flanked by the much-loved Minion side knobs. This combination creates a fast-rolling tire with a square profile that hooks up in loose terrain. Perfect for summer shredding. The Minion SS is available in trail, enduro, and downhill specs.
The most important part of a tire is arguably the rubber compound used within the tread and with Maxxis's Dual Compound you get two compounds that offer low rolling resistance and increased cornering grip.
- Optimized for rear tire use. Works great paired with a Dissector, Minion DHF, or Assegai in front
- Dual: Dual Compound for lower rolling resistance and increased cornering grip
- EXO: Extremely cut-resistant and abrasion resistant material layer added to sidewalls (60 TPI)
- DD: DoubleDown provides two 120 TPI casing layers reinforced with a butyl insert for downhill protection at a lower weight
- TR: Tubeless Ready for increased traction and lower rolling resistance (on all models)
Tire Type: Tubeless (Clincher)
TPI (Threads Per Inch): 60 TPI
Puncture Protection: Yes
Inflation: 60 PSI
Weight: 795g (29" | 2.3" | Dual/EXO), 1030g (29" | 2.3" | Dual/DD)
This product was added to our catalog on May 16, 2018