If you're a cyclist that demands the best technology at the best price, then look no further than the Performance Ultra Bib Shorts. Designed in Chapel Hill, NC and made in the United States, the Ultra Bibs ensure you'll be riding at your best.
These bib shorts feature the new Ultra TMF Italian chamois with Skyving technology for seamless, pressure-free comfort, and its multi-density foam with Air Mesh layer provides shock absorption, breathability, and moisture-wicking. The shorts' high compression fabric has an embossed texture and uses push/pull technology to manage moisture while the six panel construction with abrasion-resistant side panels maintain a streamlined fit. The open mesh bib straps allow the body to breathe.
Coldblack technology reduces skin temperature under direct sunlight for the ultimate in cooling comfort on hot days and the an UPF 30+ rating means there's protection against the sun's harmful rays. Wide, sublimated leg bands are non-restrictive and the silicone interior helps to keep the shorts perfectly placed. Built with the same features found in high-end cycling shorts, the Performance Ultra Bib Shorts give you all the benefits the pros are accustomed to.
- Nylon/spandex fabric blend with embossed texture improves aerodynamics, manages moisture, and provides high compression at a lighter weight
- Abrasion-resistant side panels are made with a special knit that pulls perspiration from the surface of the skin and pushes it off the face of the material
- Open mesh bib upper for breathable comfort and enhanced stability
- Ultra TMF Italian chamois is anatomically shaped for long distance comfort, features multi-density foams to absorb vibrations, utilizes seamless Skyving technology to eliminate steps between foam layers, plus has a carbon brushed anti-bacterial top sheet
- Italian-made leg opening includes a wide sublimated leg band with silicone print to prevent them from riding up the leg
- 6-panel design with high compression reduces muscle fatigue and speeds up muscle recovery
- UPF 30+ sun protection
- Flatlock seams eliminate chafing
- Reflective accents enhance visibility in low-light conditions
This product was added to our catalog on May 7, 2019
It would be helpful if Performance would include specs and sizing on their website. Right now it's difficult to know what size to order if you're not familiar with the product, or if the product will suite your needs. Had more info been available I would not have ordered these shorts to begin with.
First impressions were great. Top quality fabric feels like its not there, the length is just right, a well designed and comfy chamois, and the Medium size fit again. Yay! Almost. The straps are about an inch short. They fit, but way too tight. And, I'm a pretty skinny guy without massive shoulders. Then, you take them for a spin...
Within minutes, the legs are riding up. What starts as a 10.5" inseam quickly turns into a 7.5" inseam. And where does that fabric go? It bunches up at the top of your legs. REALLY uncomfortable. So, you coast a bit and pull them down. 15min later, they've hiked up again.
So, I sprung even more $ for bibs from another well known brand from CO. Guess what, their legs stay in place. What is missing from the Ultras? Silicone. There's just not enough gripper material on the inside of the bottom panel to keep them in place. Come on, folks.
I used to recommend these shorts to all my friends. Now, I don't recommend buying these until Performance verifies that they've fixed the strap length and leg grippers!