If you're a cyclist that demands the best technology at the best price, then look no further than the Performance Ultra Shorts. Designed in Chapel Hill, NC and made in the United States, the Ultra Shorts ensure you'll be riding at your best.
These shorts feature the new Ultra TMF Italian chamois with Skyving technology for seamless, pressure-free comfort, and its multi-density foam with Air Mesh layer provides shock absorption, breathability, and moisture-wicking. The shorts' high compression fabric has an embossed texture and uses push/pull technology to manage moisture while the six panel construction with abrasion-resistant side panels maintain a streamlined fit.
Coldblack technology reduces skin temperature under direct sunlight for the ultimate in cooling comfort on hot days and the an UPF 30+ rating means there's protection against the sun's harmful rays. Wide, sublimated leg bands are non-restrictive and the silicone interior helps to keep the shorts perfectly placed. Built with the same features found in high-end cycling shorts, the Performance Ultra Shorts give you all the benefits the pros are accustomed to.
- Nylon/spandex fabric blend with embossed texture improves aerodynamics, manages moisture, and provides high compression at a lighter weight
- Abrasion-resistant side panels are made with a special knit that pulls perspiration from the surface of the skin and pushes it off the face of the material
- Ultra TMF Italian chamois is anatomically shaped for long distance comfort, features multi-density foams to absorb vibrations, utilizes seamless Skyving technology to eliminate steps between foam layers, plus has a carbon brushed anti-bacterial top sheet
- Italian made leg opening includes a wide sublimated leg band with silicone print to prevent them from riding up the leg
- 6-panel design with high compression reduces muscle fatigue and speeds up muscle recovery
- UPF 30+ sun protection
- Flatlock seams eliminate chafing
- Reflective accents enhance visibility in low-light conditions
This product was added to our catalog on May 3, 2019
Ultra shorts' padding is "good" yet inferior to that of a "cheap" pair of other brands such as Pearl Izumi. I use Ultra shorts for relatively short rides up to 50 miles yet my buns demand better treatment on rides over 50 miles thus use other brands for that.
These shorts were very kindly sent to me as replacement for a purchased pair that have defects in the sewing that holds in the padding. The seams of the original pair (high visibility with yellow bands) were separating to point one can see light (or my leg when wearing) between the seam and the stretch of the shorts. I have pictures though their review site does not allow attachments.
I noticed the defect after wearing once or twice and first thought I may have snagged them (shame on me if so). Further inspection shows the seams separating in same manner (though not as severe) at other points around the crotch seams thus know it was not a mistreatment of the shorts.
Performance asked for pictures and immediately sent a replacement pair (they evidently and sadly don't make the high visibility yellow version any more). They were prompt, understanding and kind.
Checking the replacement pair prior to using reveals the SAME DEFECT in the same seams although not exacerbated to the extent of the first pair.
It is unfortunate yet appears they have a defect being caused and produced in manufacturing.
Hopefully, Performance will correct the defective manufacturing. These shorts may last a long time yet I'm not holding my breath for these seams.
These shorts are as good or better than name brand shorts costing lots more. They fit me great(the large fits me snugly (as bike shorts should) at 6" 36"waist, 197 pounds 45"chest
I don't agree with reviews stating they are short. They fall above the knee, as normal.
Definitely feel the compression effect on the thighs. These are not loose!
I like em'