With cargo space in cars precious as well as the complexity in removing front wheels that utilize thru-axles, many cyclists are opting for "wheels-on" bike mounts with their vehicles. The Rocky Mounts BrassKnuckles Roof Rack is the epitome of simplicity when it comes to transportation of your beloved bicycle(s). Simply raise the arm, ratchet down against the fork/front wheel, secure the wheel straps, and drive away with confidence. For the ultimate in versatility, the rack's mounting hardware makes it compatible with most crossbars (such as Thule and Yakima) as well as all factory-installed crossbars.
Besides the ease of use, the rack folds perfectly flat for a quiet, fuel efficient drive when there is no bike on the rack. Your carbon road bike or 29" trail bike will be in good hands with BrassKnuckles.
The BrassKnuckles Roof Rack is locking-enabled, but the lock cores are not included and must be purchased separately. The rack requires two lock cores so the Rocky Mounts Lock Cores - 2 Pack (Nashbar item # RM-LC2) is just what you need for locking capability to lock both the rack to the vehicle and the bike to the rack.
- Form-fitting mounting hardware fits following crossbars: Ouray, Thule, Yakima, Aeroblade, Whispbar, Rhino Rack, and factory-installed crossbars
- No bike frame contact - rack utilizes ratcheting arm on front wheel plus front/rear wheel straps
- Ergonomic BrassKnuckles handle fits your hand like a glove
- Non-corrosive, aluminum construction
- Easy installation and adjustment
- Lock rack to car and bike to rack with Rocky Mounts lock cores (Sold separately. Order Rocky Mounts Locking Cores - 2 Pack, Nashbar item # RM-LC2, for the pair of lock cores the rack requires)
- Fits bikes with 20"-29" wheel sizes
- Maximum tire width: 3"
- Bike's front fender must be removed for use with rack
- Required crossbar spread: minimum 24" -- maximum 43"
- Racks sold individually
This product was added to our catalog on April 25, 2018