SRAM Caliper Parts.
- Service parts for SRAM hydraulic disc brake calipers
- Caliper hardware kits do not include banjo fitting (use tubing kit or separate banjo/banjo-nut depending on application)
- Most kits are for (1) caliper (except where noted)
- Guide caliper piston kits include: (2) 16mm and (2) 14mm caliper pistons, seals, and o-rings
- DB5 caliper piston kits include: (2) 21mm caliper pistons, seals, and o-rings
|caliper piston kit
This product was added to our catalog on June 28, 2022
Friday, Nov 11 2022 (about a year ago)
SRAM DB5 Caliper Piston Kit: 2 x 21mm
Not pictured but also included in this kit is a tiny 5mm o-ring for the hydraulic line input to the caliper. The caliper rebuild is easy and fixes sticky pistons that make the brakes squeal, rub or cause uneven wear on the pads. Pistons are hard to press back into the caliper by hand with the new seals, I used channel lock pliers and it was easy, but they work great when reassembled. You can probably get away with just the seal kit and use the old pistons (I did that on one caliper and they worked fine) but for the extra couple bucks might as well get the kit with the new pistons. When I took my old seals out they were actually smaller in diameter than the new seals, it looks like they shrunk compared to the new seals, but the new seals fit into the calipers and worked great.