This is the Tannus New Slick Airless Road Tire. Fact; flat tires are a bummer, but we all get them, so we must be ready. We carry around spare tubes, CO2 cartridges, tire levers, in a saddle bag or stuffed in our jersey pockets. We are constantly airing up our tires, and often find our ride interrupted while we fumble around on the side of the road fixing flats. Imagine eliminating all of that! Enter Tannus Airless Tires.
The Tannus Airless Tires are made from a cutting-edge material they call Aither 1.1 and are completely solid yet ride like a normal bike tire. Unaffected by thorns, nails, glass, or even pinch flats, these tires mount to your existing rims, are lightweight, and super long lasting. Starting at just 370g, Tannus tires weigh the same as most tire+tube+rim tape combinations. Grip is just as good as any leading pneumatic tire, and rolling resistance is roughly 3-5% higher, perfect for everything but racing. Guaranteed to last 5,000 miles with only a 1.5mm wear, they'll go almost twice as long as normal road bike tires.
Maintenance free tires that ride and react the same as a regular tire but will never go flat, imagine that. Ideal for training. Perfect for commuting.
- Forget about flats: No more flats, ever.
- No maintenance: No more airing up tires, or packing around extra tubes, CO2, tire levers, ect...
- Lightweight: Comparable in weight to most bike tire/tube combinations
- Performance: Grips and handles like a properly inflated pneumatic tire, with slightly greater rolling resistance.
- Durable: Guaranteed to last at least 5,000 miles.
- Price: Costs less than most tube/tire combinations over the life of the tire.
- Customize: Show passions or simply personalize your bike with 12 color options to choose from.
- Eco-Friendly: Using reduced manufacturing processes allows tires to be completely recyclable.
Tire Size: New Slick 700 x 25c
Rim Size: 15-17mm rim width
Compound: Regular (105psi equivalent)
Color: Midnight Black
Useage: Training, commuting, everything but racing