Perfect for a garage, storage area, apartment or just about any place where you have some extra room, the TransIt Bikes Aloft 2 Storage Rack is a highly stable, steel-framed stand that'll support two bikes. The adjustable, soft rubber cradles protect your bike's paint job and accommodate all types of frames, even frames with steep sloping top tubes. Feet and tubing ends are finished with molded plastic fittings that won't scratch or damage floors.
- Freestanding rack is super-stable and easy to use
- Sturdy steel construction for lasting performance
- Adjustable, soft rubber arms hold 2 bikes
- Accommodates most frame styles
- Protective molded plastic fittings on feet and tubing ends
This product was added to our catalog on July 23, 2021
I really want to give this 4 1/2 stars. Minor faults:
- the threads on the adjustable feet should be longer to allow for really uneven floors. I had to shim the feet on this one to make it stand truly vertical in it's designated space.
- you have to be careful tightening the bolts securing the uprights to the base legs. You could easily crush the uprights by overtightening the bolts; there should be spacers included to prevent this.
- the cradles feel more like plastic than hard rubber, and have a deep-vee cut to them. This isn't a problem for round tube steel or aluminum bikes, but it would be nice if there were optional cradles that are softer and have a shallower cut to them to accommodate carbon bikes; I wrapped the cradles on my home stand with old tubes to hang my gravel bike.