The Maxxis Assegai tire is named after the iron-tipped spear used by the Zulu people of South Africa. Greg Minnaar, a native of South Africa, thought it was a fitting name for a tire ready to do battle on the mountain. The tall knobs punch through dust and loam to find traction, but also offer support and confidence on wet roots and rocks. While other tires excel only in certain conditions, the new Maxxis Assegai is built to go fast everywhere.
The most important part of a tire is arguably the rubber compound used to within the tread and with Maxxis's 3C MaxxGrip you get the softest rubber compounds to offer the ultimate in grip and slow rebound properties for unparalleled traction in DH applications.
- WT: Wide Trail casing used for 2.4"-2.6" wide tires designed for fitment on a wider rim profile
- 3C: Tripple Compound with harder base-layer and two progressively softer top layers for optimal traction and durability
- DH: Dual-ply casing with butyl insert and wire bead adds support in DH application
- TR: Tubeless Ready for increased traction and lower rolling resistance
- DD: DoubleDown provides two 120tpi casing layers reinforced with a butyl insert for DH protection at a lower weight
27.5 x 2.50 (3C/DH/TR): 1310g
27.5 x 2.50 (3C/TR/DD): 1224g
29 x 2.50 (3C/DH/TR): 1400g
29 x 2.50 (3C/TR/DD): 1306g
This product was added to our catalog on July 29, 2019