Maxxis Rekon+ Mountain Tire Description:
The Rekon is an aggressive tubeless ready XC trail tire for intermediate and technical terrain. Ramped center knobs are fast rolling and provide confident braking action. Aggressive side lugs dig into the trail when cornering for superb grip. Designed for technical cross country riding in loose to moderate trail conditions. EXO casing provides protection on sidewalls for extreme cut and abrasion resistance while remaining lightweight and flexible.
The most important part of a tire is arguably the rubber compound used within the tread and with Maxxis's Dual Compound you get two compounds that offer low rolling resistance and increased cornering grip.
- EXO: Extremely cut-resistant and abrasion resistant material layer added to sidewalls
- TR: Tubeless Ready for increased traction and lower rolling resistance
- Dual Compound: Low rolling resistance and increased cornering grip
- 3C MaxxTerra: An intermediate compound with great rolling a grip properties
- WT: Tires that range from 2.4-2.6" in width utilize a Wide Trail casing that is optimized for use on rims with an internal width ranging from 30-35mm
- Can be used as both a front or rear tire
Tire Type: Tubeless (Clincher)
Compound | Casing: Dual | EXO
TPI (Threads Per Inch): 60 TPI
Puncture Protection: Tread and Sidewall
Inflation: 35 PSI
Weight: 967g (29" | 2.8")
This product was added to our catalog on March 7, 2018