Nothing in the cycling world is more infuriating than flats. We get it, because we get them just like you. But with Specialized's Desert Protection Presta Valve Tubes, you can minimize, if not eliminate, flats at the terrible hands of debris, thorns, or whatever else is halting your rides.
Starting at the basis of the construction, Specialized designed the tube to be thicker at the outer side, the part against the tire, in order to stop pesky bits from puncturing all the way through the tube. They then make the inner side, the part against the rim, thinner in order to reduce weight. This way, you don't have to sacrifice performance in the name of protection. Specialized didn't stop there, however, as these tubes also feature their Airlock sealant that coats the tube for permanent protection against punctures. Not only this, but the sealant is designed to work continuously in order to prevent slow leaks from occurring, so erring complete catastrophe, you won't have to worry about flatting when you're riding over debris. They even addressed the common issue of sealant pooling with a completely homogenous design, so the tire/tube combo will always roll smooth and even.
- Thicker construction on the outer side (against the tire) enhances puncture protection.
- Thinner construction on the inner side (against the rim) maximizes weight savings.
- Sealant coats the tube for permanent protection against punctures.
- Non-toxic, non-separating formula will last the life of your tube.
- Designed to work continuously in order to prevent slow leaks.
- Homogenous design prevents puddles with no need to shake.
- Will not dry out like the many other sealants.
ISO Diameter (ETRTO): 559
Valve Type: Presta
Valve Length: 40mm
Removable Valve Core: -
Puncture Protection: Yes
This product was added to our catalog on December 2, 2021