At a mere 150 grams, the S-Works EXOS are the lightest cycling shoes to ever come with a Boa® dial. And not only are they ridiculously light, but they still have all the features that are synonymous with the S-Works label. They’re still at that World Tour level, just crazy light.
To get the weight down to the 150-gram mark without sacrificing power transfer, Specialized implemented all the engineering bells and whistles they could think of. And when that wasn’t enough, Specialized thought up some more. The carbon outsole was developed using an advanced form of Finite Element Analysis and pressure mapping to pull out material where it wasn’t needed. This allowed the shoes to keep crazy-high stiffness numbers, too. For the uppers, Specialized completely removed the heel counter. And with a little help from the space-grade Dyneema® mesh and some CubicTec reinforcement, the heel molds to the back of your foot, so not a watt is wasted. Lastly, Specialized developed a new Warp Sleeve vamp that let us get rid of the toe box, and this further cut down the weight and increased comfort.
Of course, Specialized couldn't do any of the above without including their coveted Body Geometry features, like the Longitudinal Arch, Varus Wedge, and Metatarsal Button. Each one of these features has been ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to not only boost power but to also increase efficiency and to reduce the risk of injury.
The S-Works EXOS is the lightest cycling shoes to ever have a Boa® dial—experience the feeling of lightness.
- Body Geometry sole and footbed are ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce the chance of injury by optimizing hip, knee, and foot alignment
- Our lightest FACT Powerline™ carbon plate maximizes power transfer: Stiffness Index 13.0
- Layers of Dyneema® fibers comprise the upper. These fibers are oriented to lock the stretch in all four directions, which secures you to the plate
- BOA® IP1 dial for on-the-fly micro-adjustment, backed by the BOA® Lifetime Guarantee
- Titanium alloy cleat nuts can rotate to position pedal/cleats 5mm rearward
- Non-slip, replaceable heel tread with internally recessed screws for security
- Form Fit last with a malleable vamp creates a next-to-foot fit
- Three-bolt cleat pattern fits all major road pedals
Cleat Compatibility: 3-Bolt
Closure Type: Boa
Sole Material: Carbon
Weight (Pair): 300g (Size 42)
This product was added to our catalog on March 21, 2019